Football: Everybody’s Favourite Game To Play And Watch!
Football, also known as association football or soccer, is a sport where two teams of 11 players attempt to manoeuvre the ball into the opposing team’s goal using any part of their bodies except their hands and arms. Only the goalkeeper is allowed to touch the ball and only inside the penalty area surrounding the target. The team that scores the most goals is the winner. Football is the most popular sport in the world in terms of both participants and spectators. And if you are a huge sports fan, high is the chance you’d do really well playing some fun sports betting game at www.worldfilmfair.com.
Let us learn about the history of the game
- The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), football’s governing body, reported that there were nearly 250 million football players and over 1.3 billion people “interested” in football at the turn of the century; in 2010, a combined viewing audience of more than 26 billion viewed football’s premier competition, the quadrennial month-long World Cup finals.
- Football, as we know it today, began in the United Kingdom in the nineteenth century. “Folk football” games have been played in towns and villages since before the Middle Ages, following traditional traditions and few laws.
- However, from the early nineteenth century onwards, industrialization and urbanization limited the amount of leisure time and space available to the working class, combined with a tradition of legal bans against especially violent and disruptive types of folk football, diminish the game’s status.
- The printed rules of football, which banned the carrying of the ball, were created in 1863 after a series of meetings involving clubs from metropolitan London and nearby counties. As a result, rugby’s “handling” game persisted outside the recently created Football Association (FA). By 1870, the FA had made it illegal for someone other than the goalkeeper to touch the ball.
How to play football
- In football, the aim is to score more goals than the opponent in a 90-minute game. Therefore, the game is divided into two 45-minute halves. For the first 45 minutes of play, the team will take a 15-minute break known as halftime. Then, the second 45 minutes will begin, with any time considered necessary by the referee (injury time) being added on.
- There are 11 players on each roster. One goalkeeper and ten outfield players make up this group. The pitch measurements vary depending on the venue, but they are usually 120 yards long and 75 yards tall.
- Next to the target mouth, there will be a 6-yard box, an 18-yard box circling the 6-yard box, and a centre circle on each pitch. In terms of size, each half of the pitch must be a mirror image of the other.
- A soccer match needs only two pieces of equipment: a pitch and a football. Players have also seen sporting studded football boots, shin pads, and matching shorts. Since goalkeepers are the only ones able to touch the ball, they will also be wearing padded gloves and a captain will lead each team.
The sport can be played almost anywhere, from official football playing fields (pitches) to gymnasiums, streets, school playgrounds, parks, or beaches, thanks to its basic rules and equipment.