Sports and games are perennial. Every season there is either some world cup going on or any of the tournaments that keep us glued to the screens and scores. Sports tournaments have their importance both socially and economically. In the stuck times as in pandemic, they have helped as:
- They generated tons of revenues when the games are conducted in any country supporting the perils. The industry enjoys complete audience support without fail.
- The players representing their countries on global levels raise the pride of the nations, and their efforts and successes are also appraised by large. Though the pandemic, the players supported the economy a lot.
- The tournaments promote the zeal of playing among the youth and the skilled in the country working towards fitness improvement. Moreover, the home stuck people had the pleasure of recreational enjoyment.
The tournaments these popular and helpful to the country were one of the industries bad hit lately taken the Corona pandemic into account. Not all of them abruptly stopped, yet the effect was quite significant. These days the sports news have mixed variations applauding some, while some headlines wail the failure of the events elsewhere.
Graceful Success Somewhere!
Though the year 2020 was gloomy in the initial days, the sports industry has adjusted with new rules and amendments to continue its legacy.
- The start of the year 2021 with football world cup, tennis and cricket one-day internationals were altogether promising.
- There were no in-stadium spectators, but the online connectivity and media supported the audience.
- Thoroughly were the lawns and stadiums cleaned and sanitised for the players’ safety, and public interaction wasn’t allowed.
- The boards and sports organisations amended the rules regarding the funds’ sanctioning where the was scarcity in the hard times. The games were also postponed several times concerning the players’ health and regional restrictions.
The games as popular as cricket or football that enjoy worldwide viewership managed to stand with efforts and public support. But some of the games were poor hit and not even conducted as the support wasn’t enough.
Plunging To Darkness
Tokyo 2020 Olympics were the most anticipated till the dreadful pandemic halted it successfully. But, unfortunately, though there were changes in routine and terms, all the countries and unexpected situations couldn’t succeed in the conduction.
- At large, the players were categorised from each country, but most of them were travelling reluctant due to the social contact dangers.
- There was no chance of audience, which reduced the earnings sheerly. Moreover, many countries also failed in their economic front to support the travel and training costs of the countless players.
- Alike the Olympics, several sports like Indian wrestling also got badly hit. The tournaments got cancelled as the organisations didn’t have the proper funds, and players were affected by the virus.
- As the games weren’t that popular digitally, the response to their broadcasts was relatively poor, and consequently, it didn’t support the players sufficiently.
The pandemic has no doubt hit the games differently. While some flourished as people enjoyed them digitally, some of them plunged deep down. The countries and the sports industries are struggling and still thriving to stabilise and maintain the ragged situations to save from the worst.